The tragedy in Philadelphia has focused national attention on passenger rail. Please join us to help plan how we can advocate to build a better and safer system for everyone.
Registration for our annual Northwest Rail Advocates conference is still open. The conference is on June 6 in East Glacier, MT at the Glacier Park Lodge. Participating organizations are the National Assoc. of Railroad Passengers, All Aboard Washington and the Assoc. of Oregon Rail and Transit Advocates.
Full information is available on the All Aboard Washington website.
We have a great lineup of speakers and guests:
- Mark Murphy, Amtrak, General Manager Long Distance Business Line
- Rich Wessler, BNSF, Director of Passenger Operations
- Jim Mathews, NARP President
- Chris Dorrington, Montana Dept of Transportation, Bureau Chief, Multimodal Planning Bureau – Rail, Transit and Planning
- Representatives of Montana’s Governor and Congressional delegation
We want to have a good turnout of passenger rail advocates to show strong support for our intercity passenger trains. If you haven’t registered yet we urge you to consider doing so today. Online registration is available until May 21. Mailed registrations (form available to print on registration page) must be postmarked by May 18.